I absolutely loved coming out to cross country school on the new course at Stony River. The course is well set up with good footing and an appropriate amount of terrain (enough hills to practice but nothing that is going to make your horse come up sore the next day). My favorite part were the adjustable fences including the skinny brushes - we are preparing for a move up to training level and they were great to practice on. We will definitely be back and thrilled to have another xc schooling option close by!
At this time the Cross Country course is OPEN.
The cost is $50 per horse.
Pay via Check to "Stony River Farm" or Venmo @Camie-Green-1
A signed 2023 release is required before mounting. SIGN A DIGITAL WAIVER or sign a paper one in person.
Please contact Cathryn to reserve your schooling.
(931) 249-0928 texting preferred.
Stony River Farm is the home base of C. A. Eventing. Located in Ashland City, TN, it is the convenient distance from both Nashville and Clarksville, while maintaining the peaceful quiet of a private farm. Stony River Farm encompasses 170 acres of gorgeous rolling Tennessee Hills, both wooded and open fields. The property has several ponds that are spring fed and stay full year round as well as beautiful creeks. Stony River Farm is a private Three-Day Eventing barn that offers horse boarding as well as hosts several equestrian events every month. Originally built out of necessity, our simple yet functional 8 stall barn quickly grew to 11 stalls. The Green Family purchased the original 78 acres for their daughter, Cathryn, to develop her skills in Eventing. As there was no Eventing facility North of Nashville Tennessee in the early 2000s, there was no perfect place to train in each of the three phases of Three-Day Eventing. Slowly the farm has grown as has the community of eventing in the Northern part of Middle Tennessee.
- Our indoor allows us to train and ride all year, rain or shine. In the fall of 2020 we remodeled the entire arena and base, thanks to the East-Coast renowned Diamond W Construction, with all new FutureTrack Footing. This fiber and premium white manufactured sand combination is a fantastic training surface that absorbs impact and cushions our equine athletes. This is the same footing that was recently installed at Poplar Place Farm! With its enormous 20ft ceilings, it is large enough for jumping in as well as riding through any Eventing Dressage test. This arena is equipped with a sprinkler system and large doors at either end to allow a lovely breeze and to allow for dragging and regular footing maintenance.
- The outdoor arena is where we keep our full Jump4Joy show jumping course. Half of the arena is also perfect for a large dressage arena. With the four board, four foot tall fence this is a safe space to ride for both young horses and green riders. This arena features a fantastic base that drains incredibly well allowing for use year round. Rain or shine, the footing is fine!
- When you need a quiet shaded place to practice some dressage, hack down the hill to the outdoor grass dressage ring. The arena features Bermuda grass and provides a thick ground cover with ample traction. The space has been professionally leveled and outfitted with a sprinkler system.
- The main wash stall in the barn is equipped with hot and cold water for use year round. There are wash areas in the barn yard. We have two wash stall/cross tie areas on the path to the cross country field. Additionally, there are two cross tie spaces in the main barn aisle, one service bay for vets and farriers, and each stall is equipped with a safe tie snap for tacking up in stalls.
- Stony River Farm has several very large pastures available. The pastures are mowed and rested regularly to keep grass lush and healthy. Each pasture is several acres and we follow the protocol of 1 acre per horse to prevent over grazing. Horses are thoughtfully introduced to each other slowly to insure they will make good and safe turnout friends.
All boarding options include access to all riding facilities at the farm. Feeding occurs 8-8:30 AM and 4-4:30 PM. We turnout rain or shine, as every turnout includes a shelter.
April-October we typically operate on an AM stall/PM turnout schedule November-March AM turnout/PM stall.
We now offer three different full care boarding packages to choose from to best fit the individual owner's needs. You can find the details about each program below, as well as our self-care pasture board option. We also have a detailed list of a la carte service items to accommodate every horse's needs. We pride ourself in taking top care of all of our equine partners.
Please reach out to us with any additional questions you may have!
Bronze package $900/mo
Silver Package $1250/mo
Gold Package $1600/mo
Includes all of the above Bronze and Silver as well as…
Bell boots for all 4 feet
Triple Crown Balancer included
Holding for farrier and vet
Lunch grain, up to 2qts
Lunch hay, up to 2 flakes
Self Care Pasture Board $350/mo
Pasture board Grain $150-250/mo
Pature board Blanketing $150/mo
*As flake size can vary, we consider 3 flakes to be approximately 15 lbs of hay. SRF staff will do their best to meet this size whether that is 2 huge flakes, 3 normal flakes, or 4 smaller flakes etc. If hay is consistently left uneaten and wasted, we will communicate with owner and plan to reduce hay fed to prevent waste.
**Any horse receiving more than two supplements MUST package these together in Smartpaks, baggies, or other such containers. Medications that cannot be prepackaged will be administered as prescribed.
***Items lost in turnout are the responsibility of the horse owner to retrieve. New articles will not be applied to the horse, until lost items are found.